Last week I mentioned that while I was doing my meal prep I tried making a frittata recipe that I created on my own using the ingredients I had been using in my breakfasts. This has been a huge time saver this week. It takes less than a minute to heat up breakfast and there is no cutting up veggies every day or cleaning pans. You do it all once early in the week and then you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
- 7-8 eggs
- 4-5 pieces of bacon (preferably nitrate free and sugar free)
- 1 cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup spinach (or more)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until browned and crispy.
- Remove bacon but leave fat in pan.
- Add broccoli, peppers, and onions to the pan. Cook on med-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and tomatoes. Continue cooking all veggies for another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir all veggies until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add bacon back into the pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in eggs (I scrambled them up in a bowl first).
- Transfer to round baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until frittata has set. Try to remove before the tops browns.
What are some ingredients you like to put in your eggs?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow