Today’s Friday Five Topic is “What’s in my gym bag?”. Well, I don’t have one! I usually walk into the gym with my keys and phone, and possibly a pair of headphones and that’s it. So I can’t really do a Friday Five with that! Instead, I thought I would share my top 5 home gym items, since I do a lot of my workouts at home. These are all items I have- I’m sure there are many that would be a million times better (like an actual piece of cardio equipment!) but when you’re in a tight space and on a budget you work with what you have!
1. Stability ball– I bought one of these about two years ago to help with core work. I still use it all the time and it also works as an extra seat! Sometimes I will sit on it while I am blogging to get an extra mini-core workout in. There are a million exercises you can do with it too!
2. Free Weights– If I had to pick one set of weights to get it would probably be 8-pounders. I use those the most although I do have a few lighter pairs. I was able to do most of my strength work at home using 8 pounds while feeling like I got a decent workout in. They don’t take up much space and you can use them for strengthening all different muscles!
3. Resistance bands– These are great for working the hips and glutes! I have broken way too many so I would recommend investing in a decent brand. Or buy a lot of the cheapest ones you can find.
4. Coregeous Ball– this was a newer purchase which I decided to get after reading “Ready to Run”. It can be used to release the psoas but I also use it a lot when I take barre classes online.
5. An iPad– or something that allows you to watch exercise videos and has a timer! I use mine all the time for barre and yoga workouts, and I use the timer when I am planking. Obviously a phone or laptop can do the job as well, but the iPad is a great size.
(Please note that those are affiliate links)
Be sure to check out what everyone else has in their gym bags- I know I am curious since I don’t have one! Thanks to Courtney, Cynthia, and Mar for hosting the link-up! I’m also linking up with Jill for Fitness Friday!
What workout equipment do you have at home?
What’s on your home-gym wish list?
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow