Thinking Out Loud 8/6/15
Posted on August 6, 2015 | By email@example.com | 77 responses
Happy Thursday everyone! I guess I would say this week is moving right along, although today and tomorrow will likely drag because I will be stuck sitting in a conference all day. But it’s all good because then on Saturday I head to the beach! As usual I’ll be thinking out loud with Amanda today…
1. Week 1 of marathon training has been going well, except for a storm getting in the way of Tuesday’s speed workout. The plan was to head to the track around 5:30, but we had to be back by about 6:45. I woke up at 5 am and saw a flash of lightening outside. The storm got worse and at 5:30 we decided to do a strength workout at home instead. Kind of a let down as I was all excited to do a harder workout, but it’s summer and storms like that happen all the time. I got my 400s done on Wednesday, without any rain/thunder/lightening.
2. This week I got a pedicure before going to the beach. I would have liked to get it on Thursday or Friday but the conference may run later than I usually work and with traffic and such I just didn’t know if I would make it. So I am sure with all the running I am doing between now and Saturday that my toes will be destroyed before I even cross the Maryland border.
3. Should I be offended that the lady at the nail salon wanted me to pay $5 to have my calluses removed? Runners should probably have a special pedicure deal or something because we all know our feet aren’t going to stay callous free for more than a few days.
4. Oh and I got this nasty bruise on my shin a few days ago from hitting my leg into the car as I was getting in. Very attractive. Also, I couldn’t get my pants over my calves after I was done with my pedicure so I walked around doing errands like this until I got home.
5. Should I be worried that my husband doesn’t know what Pig Latin is?
6. Speaking of learning languages, I downloaded an app to re-learn Spanish. I’ve had some down time at work lately so I feel like that it a somewhat productive thing to do.
7. I have had my car for 15 years and just got a notification of an airbag recall. That’s really comforting, right?!
8. The other day at work someone was talking about her boyfriend’s car getting broken into. My coworker said that now there is a device that can activate a fob from inside your house to open a car door and easily break in. Apparently the only way to prevent this from happening is to keep your fob in the freezer. I told this to Rob and he pointed out that no one would want to break into my car. Good point.
9. Do other people still do static stretching before they run? I haven’t for years, but Rob still does. There’s so much talk about stretching but I feel like the one thing everyone agrees on is no static stretching before running. But he runs well, stays healthy, and sets PRs without really training so I don’t see any reason to tell him to stop.
10. Whew! That was alot of randomness today! Wish me luck as I sit in a freezing cold hotel conference room for 9 hours. I might need to sneak away and do some yoga because my hips will hate me for sitting that long.
Do you know another language (besides Pig Latin)?
What is your stretching routine?
Do you get embarrassed about pedicures?
Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow