After being away last weekend I feel really behind with blogging- although technically I’m not. I kept up with my daily posts and have found time to read other posts and reply to comments. However, earlier this week I did scheduled posts knowing I wouldn’t have time to write anything Sunday or Monday. Then Wednesday was my usual food post, which means I haven’t written about what’s been going on in my life in a whole week! Not sure if anyone even wants to know what’s been going on, but I feel like in a way I am hiding things by only writing “themed” posts without any current updates. So what better way to do that than in “Thinking Out Loud” format? Thanks Amanda!
1. You know about what I ate while traveling, but believe it or not there was some other stuff we actually did in Arkansas for a day and a half. Let me fill you in a bit on the family dynamics: Rob’s sister (Shannon) got married to her husband (also Shannon) and they live in Arkansas now. They are expecting their first baby (a girl!) in early April so we went to their baby shower last weekend.
This is the first grandchild so of course everyone is super excited. The amount of clothes that are already filling this girl’s closet is just amazing. She is already the best dressed kid around.
2. We got to do some trail-running while we were there! Less than a mile from the Shannons’ house is the Fayetteville trail which Rob and I explored for 7 miles on Saturday and 4 miles on Sunday. We weren’t planning to run on Sunday but when we woke up it was already 50 degrees so decided to go for a walk. We got outside and Rob said “do you want to just run?” and who am I to turn him down? Usually I am the one trying to get him to run, but I think he realized we would be really tired this week and not be as motivated to run in cold, rainy Baltimore.
3. The temps were in the 70s on Saturday! A little breezy but who can complain when the sun is shining and you don’t need to wear a coat. It made me get really excited for spring…but we still have a few months of winter to get through.
4. It was nice to drink wine again and eat what I felt like. I still aimed for mostly foods that I was eating during the Whole30 so I didn’t end up feeling like crap, but I did have a brownie each night and some bread and pita chips. Like I said yesterday it also made eating in airports much easier.
5. Our flight back on Sunday didn’t land until after 11pm. Do you know that my bedtime is 9pm and I don’t like anyone to mess with that? Well I tried to sleep on the plane but I was in the middle seat and it was a thousand degrees on the plane.I think I dozed for 10 minutes.
6. I downloaded my first audiobook for the flight back. I’m listening to “Born to Run”. I think I started reading it a few years ago but never finished because my e-library loan ended. Since there is a movie coming out I wanted to read it again, but I figured I had a better chance of listening to it than reading it.
7. Shifting gears a bit, I started going to physical therapy this week. I had debated doing this for about a month now and finally decided it was a good time. I had a gait analysis done and the clinic where I go has an alter-G so I can run on there while building up my mileage. I figured it was better to address any imbalances now and get stronger rather than risking a real injury and then have to start back at square one.
8. If you have never run on an Alter-G, I highly recommend you try it at some point. My past couple of runs are at like a 7 min/mile pace but I was barely breathing heavy. My PT had me at 80% body weight which made me feel like I was flying.
9. I’m planning to post more about my gait analysis tomorrow, and some of things I’ll be working on in PT. Its a little frustrating because its so time consuming so I’ve needed to cut back on other activities. I have less time for classes through ClassPass which is sad because I only have access to it this month. But getting healthy and strong needs to be my #1 priority.
10. I got a couple new things from PRO Compression this week! Calf sleeves and tights. I can’t wait to try them out- I think both will be great for layering on cold runs.
PS: Don’t forget to enter my PRO Compression giveaway!
Have you been anywhere warm lately?
Ever listened to an audiobook? What did you think of it?
Have you ever been in physical therapy? What for?
Do you know any couples who have the same first name?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow