When I saw that the topic for the Friday Five this week was “Five Things About My Day”, I started laughing at the irony as I was trying to put this together on Thursday. It was quite a day! Unfortunately I can’t share too many details about my day at work…partly because of confidentiality and partly because it would just be inappropriate. So at the end of a pretty crazy week, let’s see what I can come up with!
1. Even though I’m not running in the morning, I’m still getting up at 5am. It feels good to get my day started early and ensures that I will get my PT stuff done. I’ve been foam rolling and doing my exercises as soon as I wake up. Then it’s time for coffee, blogging, and breakfast.
2. As I said yesterday, choosing clothes has been a huge pain lately. Rob told me this morning that it’s a good thing I have a job or he wouldn’t expect me to ever wear anything besides sweatpants. When he leaves for work and gets home I am in either sweats or workout clothes, so he is really just assuming that I wear something more appropriate for work.
3. My work day was…interesting…And that’s an understatement. There’s never a dull moment, so I guess that’s a good thing! Sorry for being so vague about this. If we ever meet in real life I will tell you a story or two:)
4. After work I made my way to DC for packet pick-up or the Rock N Roll half. Getting there was just as annoying as I expected. The silver lining(s): It was a nice day to be walking around outside, and I got my steps in.
Traffic home was not fun at all.
5. Since I wouldn’t be home for dinner, Rob was in charge. Taco night! We always make our own seasoning now using this recipe. The other ingredients we use vary based on how we are feeling. Tonight was ground turkey, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, salsa, and cheese.
Is there bad rush hour traffic where you live?
What toppings do you like to eat on tacos?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow