In the midst of my post-marathon daze, I began thinking of everything I have gotten out of running marathons. There was definitely a time, not too long ago, when I never thought I would run a marathon, let alone five of them. I’ve gotten so much out of training for and running marathons. This post isn’t really to say that every single person should run 26 miles.
It’s more to point out that everyone should do something they never thought they could do; something that pushes them out of their comfort zone and challenges them in a completely new way.
1. Training for and running a marathon teaches perseverance.
2. The process takes a whole lot of dedication.
3. You will learn to push through when things hurt or get hard.
4. Marathon training teaches mental strength.
5. You will overcome self-doubt time and time again.
6. It will require you to experience and rely on motivation both from self and others.
7. After you cross the finish line, you will feel like you can do anything.
8. Marathon training proves that pain passes in running as it does in life.
9. You will be able to say that you ran a marathon. Not many people can say that.
10. YOU WILL REALIZE YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT.
So there you go…not a whole lot of words, just my thoughts about doing something challenging.
What have you done or plan to do that will push you out of your comfort zone?
Thanks to Amanda for hosting the Thinking Out Loud link-up!Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow