We use our crock pot almost every Saturday, because we go to church and don’t get home until close to 7, so we are ready to eat! I had found myself making the same things over and over, so this week I decided to change it up and make lasagna.
I like using ground turkey and veggies in my lasagna, and don’t like to overdo it with cheese. Most of the amounts of ingredients were estimated, so use more of what you like and less of what you don’t!
I started by cutting up some veggies: zucchini, onion, and carrots. (I sliced the zucchini and carrots, but chopped the onion- it just depends how big or small you like the veggies to be in your lasagna!)
I added them to a pan and sautéed on medium for about 8 minutes.
I then added a whole bag of spinach, and cooked for another minute.
Meanwhile, I was also browning the ground turkey…
I added an egg to the ricotta to make it easier to spread.
When everything was ready I started layering the ingredients in my crock pot, beginning with a thin layer of sauce.
Layer everything three times, starting with the noodles. (Noodles, cheese, veggies, turkey, sauce.)
I finished it off with a last layer of noodles, some more sauce, and parmesan.
I cooked the lasagna on low for 6 hours, but 4 hours is enough time to get it nice and hot.
When I make lasagna in the crock pot it’s much harder to serve without having it falling apart, but it still tastes just as good!
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- Cut veggies and cook on stove until tender, for about 8 minutes (Add carrots first- they will take the longest). Add spinach during last minute until wilted.
- Cook ground turkey on stovetop until browned.
- Beat egg in a dish and add ricotta- mix together well.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on bottom of crock pot.
- Layer all ingredients 3 times: noodles, cheeses, veggies, turkey, sauce.
- Finish top layer with noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Have you ever made lasagna in the crock pot?
What are some of your favorite ingredients to use in lasagna?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow