There are about a million things I love about the summer. While I may complain about the heat from time to time I really don’t mind it all that much, and I would rather be hot than cold. (Ok, when it comes to running a marathon being hot isn’t good, but that’s a different story.)
Today I am sharing 5 of my favorite summer activities…but really, everything is better outdoors in the warm sunshine.
1. Grilling outside: For 10 years I lived in apartments and didn’t have access to a grill. It was always such a treat to go to my parents’ house to grill out, but now we finally have a grill of our own! Hopefully we will get to use it alot this summer once we stop going away every weekend.
2. Drinking outside: There’s nothing like enjoying a glass of wine outdoors on a summer evening. The neighbors will soon be learning just how much I enjoy wine:)
3. Running/racing: As I’ve said, I prefer the summer to the winter for running…there is something so satisfying about completing a summer run dripping in sweat. And I like that I’m not freezing before or after running a race. (My times may suffer, but that also means I put (slightly) less pressure on myself for that race.)
4. Beach days: I grew up 20 minutes from the beach and now I’m hours away. I usually get to the beach once a year for about a week. I’m already picturing myself in a beach chair, feet in the sand, watching the ocean and listening to the waves…
5. Summer foods and drinks: There are certain foods and drinks that I prefer/only like to have when its hot out or in the summer months. For example, certain fruits just scream “summer” (like watermelon). I also tend to enjoy beer more in the summer and generally don’t drink it at all from October-May. I love Coronos and summer beers. Also white wine is my summer preference while I drink red all winter.
What are some of your favorite summer activities?
How often do you go to the beach?
What is your summer beverage of choice?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow