After yesterday’s post it felt kind of awkward to jump into a post about what races I am planning to do this year. I tend to get in an “all or nothing mindset” so when I’m not running I feel like I will never run or race again and then a week later when I am back to running I want to run all the miles and all the races. I think I need to figure out a way to find a happy medium.
So, during my little running break I came up with a tentative race schedule to keep me motivated and focusing on long-term goals. I figured I wouldn’t plan any races until March to allow myself more flexibility this winter.
1. March 14: Rock N Roll USA half-marathon
2. April 12: Red Shoe Shuffle 5k
3. April 18: Sole of the City 10k
4. May 9: Maryland half-marathon or 5k
5. May 25: Jeremy’s Run 10k
5. June 6: Baltimore 10 miler
6. July (date not confirmed): Molly Murphy Memorial 5k
7. July (date not confirmed): Pikesville 5k
8. September 5: Charles St 12 miler
9. September 27: NCR 20 miler (if I end up doing the Twin cities marathon on 10/4 I wouldn’t do this)
10. October 4: Twin Cities Marathon** really not sure about this but see notes below
11. October 17: Baltimore half-marathon
12. November 26: Turkey Trot: maybe this 5 miler
My goal for the year is to run 15 races. (Of course that is dependent on how the year goes- I would rather focus on running healthily throughout the year than getting all of those races in, but I do want to race more to get more comfortable pushing myself.)
I only came up with 12 at this point because it’s so early in the year and a lot of races aren’t even set yet. If all goes well I will add on a 5k in December and a few others throughout the year.
It would also be fun to meet up with other bloggers at a race somewhere (like a New York City meet up which Meredith, Michele and I were talking about on Instagram! Cori also mentioned a Ragnar which I had to look up (it’s October 2-3rd) but that is a lot of planning and work so I don’t know if we would figure it out for this year….plus that is the weekend of Twin Cities Marathon which I thought may potentially be a good goal marathon for this year.
3 reasons why this would be a good goal marathon:
1) One of my best friends is supposed to move to Minneapolis this year so of course I will need to visit.
2) It’s listed as a top BQ race
3) Suz did this race last year and killed it. She could also tell me everything there is to know about the course.
The other full I would consider is Richmond on November 14th. This would be good if I wanted a later marathon like last year.
We are only 13 days in to the year so there is still a long way to go, but I think this is a decent plan for now! I guess I need to slowly start registering for some of these races at some point so that I can actually run them!
Now, for a virtual vision board to keep me motivated!
Will you be running any of these races?
Is your race schedule set for 2015?
What is your goal race for this year?Other ways to connect with me: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram Follow